harry potter characters through years
↳ Hermione Granger: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
He waved his wand, but nothing happened. Scabbers stayed gray and fast asleep. “Are you sure that’s a real spell?” said the girl. “Well, it’s not very good, is it? I’ve tried a few simple spells just for practice and it’s all worked for me. I’ve learned all our course books by heart, of course.”
Ron & Hermione
So I couldn’t actually choose between the two because:
A) I love them both equally and
B) I feel like I kind of relate to them equally too.
- Even though I would never consider myself to be academic or studious, I would like to believe that I am clever! Despite very little effort put in to my Leaving Cert last year (which I guess is more like Ron?) I still managed to come out with 510 points!
- Exactly like Hermione I know I’d be a 'hatstall' between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor- although majority agrees that I belong in Gryffindor too.
- Hermione is always ready to put her friends first and is willing to go to great lengths, including breaking “more than 50 school rules” to aid those closest to her- this is one of the strongest links I think I share with Hermione.
Although there is more, I can only expect people to read for so long.
- Ron is the second youngest in the Weasley family, and I am second youngest in my own family. Although we are one family member short of the full Weasley nine, our families still share a number of similarities; a set of male twins, one girl, a crowded house and our kitchen is often described as Weasley-esque.
- An affliction suffered by being second-to-youngest is the permanent shadow of the those that come before you. Ron, much the same as myself, struggles to overcome the expectations set for him by his brothers (and in my case, sister too). Ron is often described as being selfish for his jealousy of Harry’s fame, but I think it’s often overlooked that it comes as a result of his family life. Perhaps Ron’s frame of mind is harder to grasp if you have no experience. (Although I am by no means claiming to have a friend that shares Harry’s celebrity status!)
- Just like Hermione, Ron is a fiercely loyal friend (and a Gryffindor!). Ron takes numerous risks for his friends with little regard for the rules (more-so than Hermione). I would definitely like to think that I have taken and would again take risks for my friends just like Ron does, being able to take off and leave everything behind with his two best friends.
I should also point out that after roughly four years of Ron/Hermione flirting I am currently dating my best friend. I didn’t know which one to put that under… but my girlfriend is the redhead…